In October 2015, thorunnjons.com and Aldis Sigurdardottir at ZOPA ehf. will offer workshops in negotiations especially designed for entrepreneurs and startups.
Aldis is an expert in negotiations and has, among other things, trained the world champions in negotiations (yes, that competition exists) as well as researching the effects different negotiation strategies have on business development within companies.
Here are 7 tips from Aldis Sigurdardottir that you can use to achieve a better result from negotiations.
- Spend 80% of the time preparing for the negotiations and 20% of the time actually negotiating.
- Ask questions.
- Make the first offer.
- Expect getting a counter offer.
- Never accept the first offer.
- Always make a counter offer.
- Be sure at the beginning of a negotiation when you will be prepared to walk away from the table.
The first ones will be held in Reykjavik, Iceland in October 2015. More info here (Icelandic).
If you want a workshop in your community (in Iceland or the Nordics), contact us on email@example.com.